First Announcement - The second Vietnam International Applied Mathematics Conference (VIAMC 2017)
Date: December 15 to 18, 2017
Sai Gon University
273 An Duong Vuong, phuong 3, District 5
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Vietnam Society for Applications of Mathematics (VSAM)
- Sai Gon University (SGU)
- International Institute for Research, Training and Development of Human Resources (IHR)
The main purpose of this conference consists in bringing together researchers acting in various areas of applied mathematics and informatics and other practitioners as well. The ﬁrst VIAMC (VIAMC 2013) was successfully organized by VSAM, SGU and IHR in Ho Chi Minh City from December 19 - 20, 2013.
In addition to traditional applications (such as in physics), the conference will emphasize new applications in applied sciences (such as in economy and in industry). These new tendencies will be explained by leading scientists. An integrated program will highlight many new outstanding applications of mathematics and informatics. The VIAMC 2017 will also be an opportunity to demonstrate the vast potential of mathematics to young researchers and graduate students.
This is the second conference of a series of international conferences on applications of mathematics, organized by the VSAM in cooperation with the SGU and the IHR. Its main purpose is to be a leading place for presenting novel advancements in the fields of applied mathematics and its applications, and for fostering the relationship between the business and industrial world and academic institutions.
The organizers invite participants from Vietnam and abroad in order to increase the international cooperation in the ﬁeld of applications of mathematics and informatics.
Structure of the conference:
The conference will include up to 12 invited lectures (50 minutes), contributed talks (20 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion), and poster sessions.
Main topics of the conference:
Main ﬁelds of applied mathematics
- Applied analysis
- Applied algebra
- Numerical analysis
- Probability and statistics
- Scientiﬁc computations
Applications in ﬁelds such as
- Computer science
- Forecasts of weather, natural disasters and other catastrophes
- Public health
- and in other related ﬁelds.
Scientiﬁc Program Committee:
Chair and Co-chair
- Le Hung Son (Hanoi University of Science and Technology)
- Taketomo Mitsui (Oﬃcer of the International Council for Applied and Industrial Mathematics at Large, Japan)
- Pham Ky Anh (Hanoi University of Science and Technology)
- Nguyen Phuong Anh (International University, Vietnam National University of Ho Chi Minh City)
- Pham Huy Dien (Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology)
- Nguyen Quy Hy (Hanoi University of Science and Technology)
- Mario Primicerio (University of Firenze)
- Pham Hoang Quan ( Sai Gon University)
- Tong Dinh Quy (VSAM)
- Le Minh Triet (SGU)
- Wolfgang Tutschke (Graz University of Technology)
- Dinh The Luc (Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology)
Chair and Co-chair
- Pham Hoang Quan (Rector of Sai Gon University)
- Tong Dinh Quy (President of the VSAM)
- Tran Thi Duong President of IHR
- Hoang The Dzung General Secretary of the VSAM
- Phan Hoang Chon (SGU)
- Tong Quoc Dat (Ministry of Planning and Investment)
- Nguyen Thi Minh Hang (SGU)
- Nguyen Khac Hung (SGU)
- Le Hong Son (SGU)
- Nguyen Thanh Tan (SGU)
- Tran Dinh Tuan (VSAM)
- Nguyen Thi Van Khanh (SGU)
- Le Thi Thuy Hang (SGU)
All participants are asked to submit the registration form to the organizing committee through the conference website (online registration) or to send the ﬁlled-in registration form directly (per e-mail) to the contact persons (see below) as soon as possible, but not later than October 31, 2017.
The registration fee is 100 USD for ordinary participants and 50 USD for students.
Accompanying persons are regarded as students.
The registration fee includes lunch, coﬀee breaks, the conference banquet, conference materials and the proceedings.
The fee is to be paid in cash at the registration desk of the conference.
To be announced later.
We are planning to organize a tour to visit the region of the Me Kong Delta on December 18 - 20, 2017. The tour costs will be announced later.
Registration form: by October 31, 2017. Submission of abstracts: by September 30, 2017.
Submission of full papers for the Proceedings: by October 31, 2017.
- Le Hung Son
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Hoang The Dzung
[ORGANIZER VIAMC 2017]